Relationship between Canada and the UAE is a prosperous one. As per sources, UAE is Canada’s largest export market in the Middle East and North Africa, and one of the largest foreign investor in Canada. Fortunately, both our nations share a broad and deep relationship. There is a great regional and global security, contributing to economic and social development in other countries, including empowering women and girls and deepening human ties.
Below are some interesting facts to learn about Canada
1.The capital of Canada is Ottawa. Ottawa is located on the southeastern border shared with Quebec. It’s the fourth largest city in Canada and is the only city in Canada that shares French and English as official languages.
2. In 1980 “O Canada” became the national anthem.
3.Canada has the world’s largest natural ice rink. Rideau Canal Skateaway is located in Ottawa, Ontario.
4. John Cabot was the first explorer to reach Canada in 1497.
5.Beaver has been the national animal of Canada since 1975. Early settlers realized the spice trade wasn’t working, so they traded beaver fur instead. Today, the beaver is protected by conservation.
6. Canada’s coldest recorded temperature was -63C in Snag, Yukon in 1947.
7. Canadians have two national sports. Hockey is the official sport for winters. Lacrosse is the official sport for summers. Parliament passed this act in 1994.
8. Canada has the fourth-longest highway in the world. The Trans-Canada highway is 4,860 miles and takes 106 hours of pure driving.
9.The maple leaf was first used by Canadians in 1806. In 2011, the Canadian government made the maple leaf its official tartan.
10. Canada holds the record for most lakes in the world. About 879,800 lakes are present.
11. Quebec City is the only walled city left in North America. In 2008, they celebrated their 400th anniversary.
12. Basketball was invented by a Canadian in the late 1800s.
13. Hawaiian pizza was invented in Canada by a Greek.
14. Superman was created by Canadians.
15. Canada has the most donut shops per capita in the world.
16. Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, and Edmonton are the five largest cities in Canada. They all are within the three provinces of Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta.
17. Interestingly about 77% of the maple syrup produced in the entire world is made right in Quebec.
18. Did you know Canadians eat more macaroni and cheese than any other country?
SLA is a Canadian owned company in UAE and wishes all the Canadians a very Happy Canada Day 2022!
Click one of our representatives below to chat or send us an email to email@example.com